So, what do you do when you open a fine arts building? You get to be fancy! It was great fun. Mavis Staples sang, I met Antoine Predock, and ate some nummy food. Plus hung out with these great chicks. (one is me) Yeah for the Doudna!
Last night I rode because I was angry. I needed to expend some energy in a positive manner or risk blowing up at my family, although they quite possibly need it. That wouldn’t be the mature thing to do though so I got my bike and my camera and rode about a mile down to an old cemetery to capture the sunset. I must say, that was a much more effective use of my energy and allowed me to indulge in two hobbies I love-riding and photography. I got home and felt much better about myself and my family, which is the important thing. The beautiful sunset was just an added bonus.
So what have I done so far during my cure?
- Torn apart an aging gigantic bookshelf and used the wood to make a smaller shelving unit for the bathroom plus shelves for the utility room on standards.
- Put cubby for books in front room
- Sorted out old bills and papers-I pay them them forget to toss. Why can’t everyone just be online bill pay?
- Rearranged the front room to get rid of the bowling alley effect we had going on.
- Went through kids closets and got rid of old clothes.
- Plastered holes in utility room and bathroom.
- Hang plant shelves in kitchen window
- Wash all curtains
Now I need to paint the bathroom, steam the carpets, hang the artwork, paint the stairwell, paint kids’ living room, refinish kitchen floor and find a storage system for our files and my handbags.
Just when I think I’m home free…..